In this role you will participate in activities including trips to local parks, playgroups and cafes as well as providing stimulating activities within the home setting. Observing, recording outcomes and reporting children’s progress with parents and other professionals will be required. Also prepare nutritious meals and help with cleaning duties.
Duties will include:
- To provide stimulation and educational activities. Including art, baking, singing and storytelling
- To supervise children in the setting as well as at playgroups, parks and cafes
- To use the setting online system to record children’s development and daily events
- To communicate effectively and build excellent working relationship with parents and external professionals as required
- To walk children to and from school
- You will be actively encouraged to put your own ideas into practice too
You will receive the following training:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes.
The starting salary is £136.50 weekly for 35 hours Monday - Friday, 07:30 - 17:30..
The apprenticeship will run for 17 months, starting on Monday, 15 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 05 March 2021.
This is a great opportunity for the right person who is wanting to achieve an Early Years Practitioner level 2 qualification. You will gain a wealth of experience from a highly qualified and motivated childminder to provide the best possible care and learning opportunities for children aged 0-8 years.
Who We Are Looking For
- Team player
- A passion to learn and evolve
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are essential.
Progress to a Level 3 qualification.
About The Employer
A great opportunity to work for a Child Minder setting promoting emotional well-being and supporting children to be self-regulated learners who are encouraged to showcase their own learning styles through their creative play. Providing sustainable, ethical and Fairtrade resources which support many ways of learning, including Waldorf and Montessori practices.
We are based at
77, BB4 4JZ, Rossendale
Back to Vacancies