An Apprentice Dental Nurse is required for our busy award-winning practice in Whitefield. Duties will include chairside assistance, passing instruments to the Dentist, Hygienist or Therapist etc. Once fully trained you will also be required to answer the phone, book appointments, greet patients and take payments.
Duties will include:
- Assisting Dentist and/or Hygienist/Therapist in the provision of high-quality dental care
- Ensuring the reception desk is organised
- Answering the telephone in the prescribed manner
- Welcome patients
- Ensuring that the appointment system is efficient and accurate
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Liaise with dental laboratories
- Collect and record patient payments with minimal error
- Prepare the surgery for the Dentist and/or Hygienist and close down the surgery at the end of the session
- Keep the clinical areas clean and tidy
- Clean dental instruments in the Decontamination Room, following our policies and protocols
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and task of receptionists as required
You will receive the following training:
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with College attendance one evening per week or in-house with Tutor visits depending on staffing levels on day of college session
The starting salary is £149.18 weekly for 38.25 hours Monday - Thursday, 08:15 - 17:30 and Friday, 08:45 - 14:00, with 1-hour for lunch and occasional Saturday's 08:45 - 12:00..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 15 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 05 March 2021.
This practice recently beat off tough competition to be 'Commended for its Commitment to Developing Excellence in People' at the 2017 MIBBA Awards.
Bury College Apprenticeship Team actually recommended the company to enter as it is a great example of a small business who believes in Apprentices and nurtures them within a family-run environment
Who We Are Looking For
- Friendly and personable with a genuine interest in this type of role
- Mature personality
- Enthusiastic learner
- Willing to ask questions
- Career driven as we like our Apprentices to stay and develop their career with us
- Good attention to detail
- Good customer service and timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are essential.
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship you are likely to be offered a permanent position with the company, a provider of routine dentistry as well as Invisalign, facial aesthetics and dental implants.
About The Employer
This family-run practice is located in the heart of Whitefield. We have a team of enthusiastic Dental Care Professionals to assist us in achieving our practice philosophy, including Dental Therapists and Hygienists.
We are based at
223 225, M45 8GW, Manchester
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies