An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic person to train as a Dental Nurse in a small and friendly practice. The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the practice, and to ensure all the practices objectives are met.
You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the Dentist in the care of customers.
This will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the Dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the Dentist
- Set up and prepare the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Follow all workplace policies and procedures
- Perform a receptionist service to customers, book appointments and welcome customers
You will receive the following training:
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with college attendance every Wednesday 15:00 - 18:30 term-time only. Some college attendance may also be required for Functional Skills.
The starting salary is £152.10 weekly for 39 hours Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 09:00 - 17:30 and Wednesday, Friday, 08:00 - 16:30..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 15 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 05 March 2021.
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred but not essential.
This vacancy is just for a contract to do your apprenticeship. There may be progression onto a permanent contract, but at the moment the employer cannot guarantee progression.
About The Employer
We are a dental practice in Bury dedicated to making patients’ visits an enjoyable experience. We have a dedicated team to help guide patients through their treatment. We understand that not everybody is eager to visit the dentist and that many patients feel anxious about treatment. All of our staff are trained to make patients feel calm and ease any nerves.
We are based at
434, BL9 9NS, Bury
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies