This is a fantastic opportunity within a well-established nursery in Salford for someone wanting a career in the Childcare industry. You will be working in the nursery alongside a professional and experienced team, learning a range of skills to develop a career working in an Early Year’s setting.
You will be trained to a high standard in all duties required of you involving keeping the children safe and enhancing their learning and play.
This will include:
- Ensuring safety of children at all times
- Supervising outdoor play
- Supporting development through play
- To plan and carry out activities
- Preparing and feeding children
- Keeping the nursery clean
- Dealing with parents and any paperwork that needs completing
- To attend additional training as required i.e. First Aid
- To ensure that all Safeguarding Procedures are followed
- You will be supported throughout your training and treated as a valuable member of staff
- We will provide uniform garments free of charge
You will receive the following training:
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
The starting salary is £129.00 weekly for 30 hours Monday - Thursday, 8.00am - 4.00pm and Friday 8.00am - 3.00pm.
The apprenticeship will run for 17 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Candidates for Apprenticeships must have a passion for developing their career in Early Years and show passion and flair for supporting young children and their families. They will also need the ability to cherish the individuality of children and support us in putting in place the foundations of lifelong learning whilst upholding our high profile
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest and hardworking attitude to work and your qualification
- Flexible and fun but able to be professional
- Able to work as part of a positive team and open to change
- Ability to empathise with children
- You will need to pass a DBS check and provide the employer with two references
- For Level 2 applicants - GCSE A-C / 8-4 in English essential, A-C /8-4 in maths desirable
- For Level 3 applicants – GCSE A-C / 8-4 maths and English essential + must hold Level 2 Childcare qualification
- On successful completion of your Apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent contract
Back to Vacancies