Would you like a career as a Dental Nurse? Then this could be the perfect role for you at a well-established dental practice based in Accrington. You will be trained in all aspects of dental nursing and be supported by a Learning & Skills Coach from Bury College during your training.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and able individual to train as a Dental Nurse.
You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the dentist in the care of customers and will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the dentist
- Setting up and preparing the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Following all workplace policies and procedures
- You will also be required to perform a receptionist service to customers, booking appointments and welcoming patients
You will receive the following training:
Dental Nursing Level 3 standard plus Functional Skills if required.
This is a work-based qualification with college timetabled classes; college attendance may also be required for Functional Skills.
The starting salary is £161.25 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday – 8.00am - 4.00pm, Tuesday – 8.00am - 7.00pm and Friday – 8.00am - 12.00pm noon..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
- Preferable if you have GCSE (or equivalent) grades 8-4 (A-C) in maths and English but not essential
Subject to a successful apprenticeship, you will be employed by the company.
Back to Vacancies