This is a fantastic opportunity within a friendly run nursery for someone wishing to get into childcare. You will be working in the nursery alongside a professional and experienced team, learning a range of skills to develop a career working in an early years setting.
You will be trained to a high standard in all duties required of you which involve keeping the children safe and enhancing their learning and play.
This will include:
- Ensuring the safety of the children at all times
- Supervising outdoor play
- Supporting development through play
- Preparing and feeding children
- Keeping the nursery clean
- Dealing with parents and any paperwork that needs completing
- You will be supported throughout your training and treated as a valuable member of staff
- We will provide uniform garments free of charge
You will receive the following training:
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship standard:
- This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance may be required for Functional Skills
The starting salary is £180.00 weekly for 40 hours Monday - Friday, shifts between 7.30am - 6.00pm..
The apprenticeship will run for 17 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Candidates for Apprenticeships must have a passion for developing their career in Early Years and show passion and flair for supporting young children and their families
- They will also need the ability to cherish the individuality of children and support us in putting in place the foundations of lifelong learning whilst upholding our high profile
- You will be working shifts between 7.30am and 6.00pm so you will need to be flexible with your working hours
- Honest and hardworking attitude to work and your qualification
- Flexible and fun but able to be professional
- Able to work as part of a positive team and open to change
- You will need to pass a DBS check (paid for by the nursery) and provide two references
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 (A*-C) in maths and English preferred
- Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent)
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship you may be employed by the company.
Back to Vacancies