Apprentice Dental Nurse position available to provide assistance to the dental team as a clinical nurse, provide cover on reception and decontamination room, other responsibilities are listed below. The vacancy needs to be filled immediately therefore the applicant needs to be a quick learner, motivated and be able to handle pressure.
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist and decontamination nurse.
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
You will receive the following training:
- Dental Nurse Level 3 Standard
- This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes via teams plus college attendance for Functional Skills if required
The starting salary is £124.80 weekly for 32 hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm and Wednesday, Friday 8.45am to 1.00pm. Lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm..
The apprenticeship will run for 21 months, starting on Monday, 22 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 12 March 2021.
Previous experience of working in a dental setting is ideal, however training will be provided. We are a small team and value all our employees, if the apprentice displays the necessary skills and qualities the practice will reciprocate this by offering the apprentice a permanent position on completion of training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Who We Are Looking For
- Candidate needs to have the following qualities to be a good listener, polite and well spoken
- They need to be hard working and always willing to learn as the role is demanding
- Candidate needs to be able to use initiative, be adaptable and motivated, learn quickly, work on your own and as a team player and multitask
Entry level qualifications for Dental Nursing are sufficient for the role.
If the candidate is successful during their training period, a permanent position will be offered.
About The Employer
We are a small, friendly NHS Dental Practice. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in Dental within a well established practice. We are looking for an apprentice to join our team receiving first class training, support and mentoring to develop your career.
We are based at
263, M7 4UF, Salford
Back to Vacancies