Apprentice Dental Nurse required to work in our busy Dental Practice. You will provide assistance to the dental team as a clinical nurse and also work within the decontamination room. Some reception duties may also be required. We are a friendly run practice and would like to welcome an apprentice on board.
You will be completing a wide range of duties and be involved with assisting the dentist / hygienist in the care of patients. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer / written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist and decontamination nurse
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Environmental Cleaning Duties
You will receive the following training:
- Dental Nurse Integrated Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes via Teams
The starting salary is £148.20 weekly for 38 hours 8.45am - 5.30pm Monday - Thursday and 8.45am - 5.00pm Friday (*Some evening sessions may also be applicable on a rota basis).
The apprenticeship will run for 21 months, starting on Monday, 29 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 March 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Who We Are Looking For
- You must be well presented, friendly and personable with a wide variety of people and have a genuine interest in this role
- The role can be demanding, therefore you must be hardworking and willing to learn
- You must have good customer service skills, good timekeeping and attention to detail is essential
- You must be able to use initiative, be adaptable and motivated
- You must be able to work on your own and also as a team player
GCSE's at grades A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English.
Subject to a successful apprenticeship you may be offered employment by the dental practice on a permanent basis.
About The Employer
Perfect Smile Tyldesley Dental Practice are looking for an enthusiastic dental nurse to be part of their friendly team.
We are based at
219, M29 8DG, Manchester
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies