Would you like a career as a Dental Nurse? Then this could be the perfect role for you at a well-established Dental practice based in Whitworth. You will be trained in all aspects of Dental Nursing and supported by a Learning & Skills Coach from Bury College during your training.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and able individual to train as a Dental Nurse. You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the Dentist in the care of customers. These will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the Dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the Dentist
- Setting up and preparing the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Following all workplace policies and procedures
- You will also be required to perform a Receptionist service to customers, booking appointments and welcoming patients
You will receive the following training:
- Dental Nurse Level 3 Standard
- This is a work-based qualification with classes arranged via Teams
- College attendance may also be required for Functional Skills
The starting salary is £146.25 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday, Wednesday + Thursday – 8.00am-4.00pm
Tue – 8.00am-7.00pm
Fri – 8.00am -12.00 noon.
The apprenticeship will run for 21 months, starting on Monday, 29 March 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 March 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
Preferable if you have GCSE grade 4-9 (A-Cs) in Maths and English but not essential
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship you will be employed by the company.
About The Employer
A well-established Dental surgery based in Whitworth. We pride ourselves on providing a personal service to the highest of standard. All our staff are friendly, approachable and aim to help meet patients' needs.
We are based at
311 315, OL12 8PW, Rochdale
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies