This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive, and highly motivated individual with a passion to start a career in childcare. As an Apprentice Early Years Practitioner, you will receive first class training. We are committed to working with children to maximise their early year’s development and you must share that same commitment.
You will be trained to a high standard in all duties required of you involving keeping the children safe and enhancing their learning/play.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring safety of children at all times
- Supervising outdoor play
- Supporting development through play
- Preparing and feeding children
- Keeping the nursery clean
- Dealing with parents and any paperwork that needs completing
- You will be supported throughout your training and treated as a valuable member of staff
You will receive the following training:
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes.
The starting salary is £161.25 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday - Friday, hours will be between 08:00 - 18:00, with 1-hour for lunch, shifts to be confirmed..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Required to work shifts, so you must be flexible with your working hours
You will need to pass a DBS check and provide the employer with two references
Who We Are Looking For
- Have a passion for developing their career in Early Years
- Show passion and flair for supporting young children and their families
- The ability to cherish the individuality of children and support us in putting in place the foundations of lifelong learning whilst upholding our high profile
- Honest and hardworking attitude to work and your qualification
- Flexible and fun but able to be professional
- Able to work as part of a positive team and open to change
- Ability to empathise with children
- Excellent communication skills
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are essential for Level 3, plus you must have already achieved Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent).
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to secure permanent employment
Back to Vacancies