This role will include providing admin and customer support. The role will include several office-based activities. The successful candidate will spend time in each project in order to develop their understanding of how the business operates.
You will be providing administrative support to the engineering team, greeting visitors and general administrative duties.
Daily tasks will include: -
- Dealing with clients face to face and taking telephone enquiries
- Processing Purchase Orders
- Cross checking invoices and delivery notes
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers
- Maintaining and auditing in house documents,
- General office duties
- Meet and greet visitors to the office.
- Responding to emails
- Meet and greet new and existing clients
- Reporting to the Admin Manager
- Working as a team
- Updating Spread Sheets
- Tracking orders
- Assisting with projects as required
You will receive the following training:
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard.
College attendance is not currently required for this qualification but this could be subject to change in the future.
The starting salary is £174.00 - £328.40 weekly for 40 hours Monday to Friday 9:00am-5.00pm. Salary is dependant on age:
Age 16-17 - £4.62
Age 18 -20 - £6.56
Age 21-22 - £8.36
Age 23+ - £8.91.
The apprenticeship will run for 18 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Adaptability and a willingness to undertake new tasks
- Able to work in small teams
- Having a non-judgmental approach toward people.
- Have an open mind
- Enthusiasm for working with the general public
- An interest in supporting people
- A very positive attitude towards working with people
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Must have both English and Maths GCSE’s grade C/4 or above
- A good awareness and experience of working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher)
We are ideally looking for someone who is committed to progressing their career with us on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Back to Vacancies