An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic person to train as a Dental Nurse in a small and friendly practice. The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the practice, and to ensure all the practices objectives are met.
You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the Dentist in the care of customers. This will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the Dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the Dentist
- Set up and prepare the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Follow all workplace policies and procedures
- Perform a receptionist service to customers, book appointments and welcome customers
You will receive the following training:
- Level 3 Dental Nurse standard
- Functional skills if required
This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes. Plus college attendance for Functional Skills if required.
The starting salary is £167.70 weekly for 39 hours Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 09:00 - 17:30 and Wednesday, Friday, 08:00 - 16:30..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred but not essential.
This vacancy is just for a contract to do your apprenticeship. There may be progression onto a permanent contract, but at the moment the employer cannot guarantee progression.
Back to Vacancies