Wilds are a forward-thinking accountancy practice whose aim is to help entrepreneurs achieve their business ambitions. To do that we have developed a team of skilled professionals whose expertise complements each other. We’re based in the town centre, so it’s easy to reach by public transport. We are looking for a grade 1 apprentice accountant.
You do not need any prior accountancy experience but will need the requisite exam passes to start AAT. You will be enrolled on the AAT qualification and trained in the office. To start with you will work on:
- Vat returns
- Bookkeeping and simple accounts
- Over time this will increase in complexity and types of business and accounts
You will receive the following training:
Accounts Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be required to attend college one day per week.
The starting salary is £187.50 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday - Friday , 9.00am - 5.00pm..
The apprenticeship will run for 16 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Good interpersonal skills and a self-motivated individual
- Proactive attitude - you should be prepared to make extra effort if required.
- Self-motivated to complete work within set deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary (e.g. databases, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint)
- Highly accurate, numerate, well organised and able to work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) in Maths & English are essential.
No previous experience necessary as full training will be provided.
Subject to a successful apprenticeship you may be employed by the company on a permanent basis.
Back to Vacancies