The main function of this job role is to provide administration support and learn how a business operates. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience working in a busy company, with the opportunity to develop and grow with the organisation.
To undertake general administrative duties, such as:
- Keeping our databases up to date and setting up new clients
- Assisting the organisation with marketing activities and similar events
- Recording information against targets each month
- Handling confidential information
- Answering the phone and typing letters and notes
- Taking on some of the duties from the existing team to help to free up some time
- Providing support to our tax and accounts team with some of the admin side of their client duties which will include contact with clients
- Helping us to bring in new IT systems
- As the role develops there may be some duties that aren’t mentioned above but we would expect a flexible approach to this
You will receive the following training:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- College attendance is not currently required but this may be subject to change in the future.
The starting salary is £187.50 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday - Friday , 9.00am - 5.00pm..
The apprenticeship will run for 18 months, starting on Monday, 07 June 2021. Applications close on Friday, 28 May 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Good interpersonal skills and a self-motivated individual
- Proactive attitude - you should be prepared to make extra effort if required.
- Self-motivated to complete work within set deadlines
- Conscientious and methodical approach to work
- Smart, professional and business-like appearance
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary (e.g. databases, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint)
- Highly accurate, numerate, well organised and able to work under pressure
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. faxes, photocopiers etc
- Good verbal and written communication skills
GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) in Maths & English are essential.
No previous experience necessary as full training will be provided.
Subject to a successful apprenticeship you may be employed by the company on a permanent basis.
Back to Vacancies