Oversee the smooth running of reception and the waiting room, and the efficient administration of all related processes, for example, appointment management, greeting patients, prescriptions and claims in order to support the work of the GPs.
Duties will include:
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Comply with all systems for data security and protection, including back-up
You will receive the following training:
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
College attendance may be required for Functional Skills.
The starting salary is £129.00 weekly for 30 hours You will work various shifts on a rota basis to cover the practice opening hours which are Mon-Fri 8.00am-7.00pm with 30-60 minutes for lunch..
The apprenticeship will run for 16 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
Who We Are Looking For
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- Team player with a flexible approach to work
- Professional telephone manner
- Respect for patient confidentiality
- Excellent written and communication skills
You will ideally already have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is likely to be an opportunity for permanent employment and career progression with this employer.
About The Employer
The Hive is a forward-thinking medical practice based in Middleton. Since Dr Stockton and Dr Thompson formed their partnership in 2008 the practice has grown from caring for 1800 patients to circa 5000 patients. Known as a friendly practice with a community feel, a positive reputation has accompanied our growth in size.
We are based at
Clough Street, M24 2YJ
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies