To ensure patients receive a high quality, professional service and to contribute to the daily routine of the Practice. More specifically the role shall encompass various administrative tasks and the day-to-day running of the reception area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way
- Provide general assistance to the Practice team and at all times project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Making new and follow-up appointments with Clinicians as per practice policy
- Processing requests and recording all incoming and outgoing laboratory work
- Daily use of the clinical software system, following appropriate training
- Electronically scan incoming letters into patient computer record. Scanned letters to be stored in chronological order for the agreed length of time as agreed by the practice after which they are destroyed
- Process messages to all Clinicians and other members of staff in a timely and accurate manner and according to the in-house protocols
- Liaise with other Health Care Professionals and agencies as requested
- Potential to assist with sales within the practice
You will receive the following training:
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance may be required for timetabled classes.
The starting salary is £103.20 weekly for 24 hours Monday - Wednesday, between 09:00 and 18:00 with possible extra. 24 hours due to business needs (the duration has been extended accordingly)..
The apprenticeship will run for 17 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
Who We Are Looking For
- Punctual and reliable
- Genuine desire to learn
- Able to work as part of a team
- Organised and methodical approach
- Confident telephone manner
- Understands the importance of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Subject to a successful apprenticeship you may be applied by the dental practice on a permanent basis
About The Employer
We believe in catering for the bespoke needs of our patients and pride ourselves on creating a relaxed calm environment. Extending our services beyond convention is part of our ethos to ensure that you the patient receives the best possible experience.
We are based at
243, Bury New Road, M45 8QP
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies