Trainee Dental Nurse position available to provide assistance to the dental team as a clinical nurse, provide cover on reception and decontamination room, other responsibilities are listed below. We are a small team and value all our employees.
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist and decontamination nurse.
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
You will receive the following training:
- This is a work-based qualification with timetabled classes.
- Plus college attendance for Functional Skills if required
The starting salary is £195.00 weekly for 39 hours Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 5:30pm.
The apprenticeship will run for 21 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
- The vacancy needs to be filled immediately therefore the applicant needs to be a quick learner, motivated and be able to handle pressure. Previous experience of working in a dental setting is ideal however training will be provided
Who We Are Looking For
Candidate needs to have the following qualities to be a good listener, polite and well spoken. They need to be hard working and always willing to learn as the role is demanding
Candidate needs to be able to; use initiative, be adaptable and motivated, learn quickly, work on own and as a team player and multitask.
- GCSE Grades C/4 and above in maths and English preferred.
- If the candidate is successful during their training period, a permanent position will be offered
About The Employer
We are a small, friendly NHS Dental Practice. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in Dental within a well established practice. We are looking for an apprentice to join our team receiving first class training, support and mentoring to develop your career.
We are based at
First Floor, 57, Parr Lane, BL9 8JR
Back to Vacancies