This is a diverse role with a wide range of complex duties and you will learn and use advanced IT skills including MS Word/Excel, internal systems and social media. As part of this apprenticeship you will manage a business improvement project over a 3-month period under the guidance of you Manager.
Duties may include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors as well as answering incoming telephone calls and taking messages where appropriate
- Filing and keeping the front office and meeting rooms organised and tidy
- Take responsibility for the stock counts within the office
- Monitoring and ordering stationery as required
- Monitoring and ordering uniforms and PPE as required
- Dealing with Customer Enquiries
- Liaising with engineers and subcontractors for new works, and also chasing updates and paperwork
- Processing purchase orders advised by manager
- Take responsibility for the engineers training Matrix, and book courses when required as approved by line manager
- Update subcontractors’ files, making sure insurances are up to date etc.
- Take responsibility for the incoming/outgoing post
- Ad hoc duties as and when required by the department
You will receive the following training:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
College attendance is not currently required for this qualification.
The starting salary is £165.60 weekly for 36 hours Monday - Friday , 9.00am - 5.00pm, 45 minutes for lunch.
The apprenticeship will run for 18 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Not afraid to suggest new ideas/improvements
- Ambitious and eager for career development
- Reliable and punctual
- Some previous work experience would be an advantage
- Polite telephone manner and able to speak to customers confidently
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Able to follow procedures and processes
- Advanced IT and keyboard skills
- Must have English and maths GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C/4 or above
- A-levels (in any subject) would be an advantage
We are ideally looking for someone who wants to complete the initial apprenticeship and then stay on and progress with the company.
About The Employer
Located in Unsworth, this is a varied and interesting administration role with lots of opportunity to progress and is ideally situated for applicant based in Unsworth Pole, Hollins, Sunnybank and Whitefield.
We are based at
Beehive Works, Hollins Lane, BL9 8AA
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies