Based close to Bury town-centre, this is an opportunity to join a small and supportive team in an interesting and varied administration role which would be ideally suited to someone who has previously had some work experience in an office or other setting.
- Contributing the smooth day-to-day running of the office
- Taking orders from customers and booking them onto the internal system
- Checking different transport options to ensure customer requirement can be fulfilled
- Responding to email enquiries
- Liaising with drivers and customers regarding route planning
- Confirming delivery times
- Providing timely updates for customers and keeping them informed of the progress of their jobs
- General admin including filing, scanning, photocopying, post
- Assisting senior management with specific projects as required
You will receive the following training:
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- College attendance is not currently required for this apprenticeship but that may be subject to change in the future
The starting salary is £161.25 weekly for 37.5 hours 9.00am-5:30pm Monday - Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
The apprenticeship will run for 18 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Punctual & reliable
- Positive attitude and willing to learn
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and wants to progress
- Must be comfortable to speak to customers over the phone
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Some previous work experience would be an advantage
- English and maths GCSE’s grade C/4 or equivalent
- Good computer skills are essential although full training will be provided on internal systems
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel would be an advantage although full training will be provided
There is genuine scope for fast-track progression into senior level roles with this company.
About The Employer
A Freight Forwarding company based in Bury. Working within a small but very supportive team with the opportunity for long-term career progression.
We are based at
Derwent House 1st Flr, Waterfold Business Park, BL9 7BR
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies