Apprentice to the Outreach volunteer programme manager in the recruitment, selection, training, and on-going support of volunteers at Outreach.
This role would particularly suit a person desiring knowledge, awareness and experience in pursuing a professional career in volunteer management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Outreach volunteer programme manager in the recruitment of volunteers
- Creation of volunteer roles and role documents
- To provide information, support, and guidance to potential Outreach volunteers
- To assist in the training of new volunteers and/or existing volunteers as appropriate
- To assist with writing and delivering generic training courses. I.e. Communication skills, Diversity etc.
- Being involved in the selection of Outreach volunteers
- Helping to further develop the Outreach quality focussed volunteer programme
- Ensuring good relationships are maintained between Outreach employees and volunteers
- Assisting facilitating volunteering events, i.e. recognition evenings, volunteers’ week etc.
- Liaising appropriately with feeder organisations and/or brokers, i.e. Universities, CVS’s
- To assist with organising and attending volunteer and/or volunteer manager meetings and forums
- Providing reflection opportunities for volunteers to discuss issues, problems, ideas etc.
- Writing volunteer related content for the Outreach website
- Collating and sending out various volunteer related information documents and packs
- Responding in a timely manner to for example enquiries from potential volunteers
- Communicating professionally and appropriately; for example, in making and receiving phone calls, sending, and responding to emails; speaking with others
- Being flexible and adaptable in meeting the wider needs of Outreach services outside of the apprentice volunteer manager role
- Writing or updating volunteer related policies and procedures
You will receive the following training:
Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor apprenticeship standard.
This is a work-based qualification.
The starting salary is £195.00 weekly for 30 hours Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00..
The apprenticeship will run for 18 months, starting on Monday, 29 November 2021. Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
Who We Are Looking For
- Believe strongly in the value of volunteering and volunteerism
- Friendly and approachable
- Punctual and reliable
- Have a good level of personal confidence
- Have the ability to act on own initiative
- Have a belief in fair and equal opportunities and the rights of ALL people
- Have a “can do attitude”
- Display a willingness to develop self and others
- Able to appreciate and accept that things don’t always go according to plan; to appreciate this, be supported through this, in being resilient, willing and able to move forward
- Able to be light hearted, and not take life and life events to seriously (all of the time)
- Willing to take their turn in making tea and coffee, no less or more than anyone else
- Have the ability to keep clear and accurate records
- Able to work as part of a team
- Should be able to communicate well both verbally, and in writing
- Have the ability to remain calm and collected in difficult situations
- Respect all aspects of confidentiality
- Have the ability to work within set boundaries and professional parameters
- Willing to undertake training, to enhance their own personal and professional development
- Willing to take instruction from the volunteer programme manager and other Outreach employees as appropriate. I.e. in respect of volunteer shadowing duties and tasks
- Willing to engage in appropriate personal and professional reflection
- Willing and able to support others as appropriate
- Competent in using Windows based computer systems
- Organised and have excellent time management skills
- Have good listening and communication skills
Must have both GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
We are ideally looking for someone who would like to stay on and progress with us after successful completion of the initial apprenticeship.
About The Employer
Outreach have been successfully providing a range of services supporting adults with a learning disability and/or long-term mental health needs, to live an independent life. Our aim is to provide person centred support to people living either in their own homes or within our residential services.
We are based at
35-37, Blackburn Street, M26 1NR
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies