Would you like a career as a Dental Nurse? Then this could be the perfect role for you at a well-established dental practice based in Accrington. You will be trained in all aspects of dental nursing and be supported by a Learning & Skills Coach from Bury College during your training.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and able individual to train as a Dental Nurse.
You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the dentist in the care of customers and will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the dentist
- Setting up and preparing the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Following all workplace policies and procedures
- You will also be required to perform a receptionist service to customers, booking appointments and welcoming patients
You will receive the following training:
Dental Nursing Level 3 standard plus Functional Skills if required.
This is a work-based qualification with college timetabled classes; college attendance may also be required for Functional Skills.
The starting salary is £161.25 weekly for 37.5 hours Monday, Wednesday and Thursday – 8.00am - 4.00pm, Tuesday – 8.00am - 7.00pm and Friday – 8.00am - 12.00pm noon..
The apprenticeship will run for 24 months, starting on Monday, 17 January 2022. Applications close on Friday, 07 January 2022.
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
- Preferable if you have GCSE (or equivalent) grades 9-4 (A-C) in maths and English but not essential
Subject to a successful apprenticeship, you will be employed by the company.
About The Employer
A well-established dental surgery based in Accrington, we pride ourselves on providing a personal service to the highest of standard. All our staff are friendly, approachable and aim to help meet patients' needs.
We are based at
Argyle Street, BB5 1DQ
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies