We are a long-established Accountancy Practice based not too far from Bury Town Centre.
We are looking for an Apprentice Accountant to join our small team. No previous experience is required, but the successful applicant must have the necessary exam passes to enrol for the AAT qualification and be prepared to attend college.
Assisting in the processing of client’s financial records for tax purposes.
The role will include:
- VAT return preparation
- Preparation of small business accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of larger business accounts
You will receive the following training:
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 AAT
- Functional Skills if required
This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance will be required for timetabled classes and possibly functionals skills.
The starting salary is £150.50 weekly for 35 hours Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00..
The apprenticeship will run for 16 months, starting on Monday, 17 January 2022. Applications close on Friday, 07 January 2022.
Who We Are Looking For
- A good team player but self-motivated enough to be able to work independently in order to be able to concentrate on own work, to manage own workload and meet deadlines as required
- Diligent, a desire to be accurate, numerate and able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Familiar and confident in the use of Excel and Word. Generally good IT and keyboard skills
- Good communication skills, proactive and prepared to make extra effort when needed
Requirements for enrolment as an AAT student:
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are essential.
Following a successful apprenticeship, we would be prepared to offer permanent opportunities within the company.
About The Employer
We are chartered accountants, business advisers and financial experts with a track record of helping small and medium sized business for many years.
We are based at
Europa House, Barcroft Street, BL9 5BT
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies