The opportunity to build a career as a Dental Nurse. You will be trained in all aspects of Dental Nursing and supported by a Learning & Skills Coach from Bury College during your training.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and able individual to train as a Dental Nurse. You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the Dentist in the care of customers.
These will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the Dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the Dentist
- Setting up and preparing the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Following all workplace policies and procedures
- Possible receptionist service to customers, booking appointments and welcoming patients
- Working along-side the wider health care sector and other GDP’s
You will receive the following training:
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
This is a work-based qualification although College attendance for the Dental Diploma is mandatory, to attend fortnightly and you may be required to attend for Functional Skills.
The starting salary is £166.50 weekly for 37 hours Monday – Thursday, 08:45 - 17:15 and Friday, 08:45 - 13:00..
The apprenticeship will run for 21 months, starting on Monday, 17 January 2022. Applications close on Friday, 07 January 2022.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Who We Are Looking For
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship you will be employed by the company and considered for a full-time role.
About The Employer
A small and friendly practice treating patients and their families, children and grandchildren with the highest standard of dentistry and patient care in a modern, friendly and welcoming environment.
We are based at
263, Great Cheetham Street East, M7 4UF
Back to Vacancies