A customer-facing role based in a busy GP Practice in the heart of Failsworth. Working with a friendly and supportive team you will receive full training to allow you to thrive in this varied and interesting role.
- Welcoming patients at the Reception desk in a polite and friendly manner
- Making new and follow-up appointments with Clinicians as per practiced policy
- Accept requests for repeat prescriptions face-to-face, on line, fax or Prescription Box and process as per Repeat Prescribing Policy
- Answer telephone promptly, politely and discretely so that other patients cannot hear confidential medical information
- Daily use of the clinical software system following appropriate training
- Enter data on computer according to the practice computer policies
- Record information which is accurate and legible
- Attend staff meetings
- At the start of the day check GP consulting rooms, restore telephone service and recover prescriptions from locked cupboard
You will receive the following training:
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- College attendance is not currently required for this qualification but this may be subject to change in the future
The starting salary is £159.10 weekly for 37 hours Mon-Fri between opening hours of 8am – 6.30pm.
The apprenticeship will run for 16 months, starting on Monday, 17 January 2022. Applications close on Friday, 07 January 2022.
Who We Are Looking For
- Genuine desire to learn
- Able to work as part of a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Understands the importance of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organised and methodical approach
- Confident telephone manner
- Positive attitude
- English and maths GCSE’s grade C/4 or above is desirable
- Basic computer skills
There may be an opportunity for permanent employment for the right candidate on successful completion of this apprenticeship.
About The Employer
A busy GP practice based in Failsworth with good transport links
We are based at
The Keppel Building, Ashton Road West, M35 0AD
View WebsiteGet Directions
Back to Vacancies